- 27/09/2016New deadlines imposed on submission of Certificates of Origin
- 20/07/2016Administrative Penalties for Violations in Investment Activities
- 20/07/2016New Offshore Indirect Investment Regulation – Vietnamese employees able to participate in overseas employee share ownership plans
- 01/07/20162016 Pocket Tax Book
- 01/07/2016New regulations on foreign loans
- 01/07/2016Draft Decree on new AccountingLaw – New regulations on providing cross-border accounting services
News & Updates
- Southern region hits target for rice harvest
he southern region estimates that it will produce more than 26 million tons of paddy this year, up 1.1 million tons against last year, meeting its target for the year. The region, the country’s rice granary, has planted more than 4.4 million hectares of rice this year, down by 63,500 ha against last year, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development’s (MARD) Plant Cultivation Department.
- Vietnam to import 300,000 tons of raw cashew
Vietnam will need to import more than 300,000 tons of raw cashew nuts in the remaining months of the year for processing to meet the demand of importers, according to processing companies. Vietnam exported 353,000 tons of processed cashew nuts last year. Four kilograms of raw cashew yield a kilogram of nuts.
- Vietnam – EAEU FTA to motivate bilateral economic development
The economic and trade cooperation between Vietnam and the EAEU has achieved important results after two years since the signing of the Free Trade Agreement between Vietnam and the Eurasian Economic Union (Vietnam – EAEU FTA), contributing to creating a motivation for the economic development of each country and expanding cooperation in the region.
- New free trade agreement to add USD 16 billion to Vietnam’s exports to EU: expert
With commitments to openness and intellectual property protection, the EU – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) is expected by economic experts to increase Vietnam’s exports to the EuropeaUSn Union by USD 16 billion in 2019. The European Commission (EC) adopted the EU – Vietnam trade and investment agreements on 17 October, paving the way for their signature and conclusion, according to the EU’s delegation to Vietnam.
- Prime Minister calls for closer Asia – Europe connectivity, cooperation
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has said it is time to further strengthen and step up Asia – Europe connectivity and cooperation towards the target of sustainable development and common prosperity. Asia also boasts more than 150 free trade agreements (FTAs), accounting for about 60% of the world’s total, he said, adding that the total cargo volume via waters in Asia nears USD 5 trillion each year.