- 27/09/2016New deadlines imposed on submission of Certificates of Origin
- 20/07/2016Administrative Penalties for Violations in Investment Activities
- 20/07/2016New Offshore Indirect Investment Regulation – Vietnamese employees able to participate in overseas employee share ownership plans
- 01/07/20162016 Pocket Tax Book
- 01/07/2016New regulations on foreign loans
- 01/07/2016Draft Decree on new AccountingLaw – New regulations on providing cross-border accounting services
News & Updates
- Farmers earn high profits from organic cocoa cultivation
The use of advanced farming techniques has resulted in high profits for organic cocoa farmers in the southern province of Ba Ria – Vung Tau. Truong Ngoc Lam, who intercrops cocoa and pepper, durian and mangosteen on a 0.9 ha orchard in Chau Duc district’s Xa Bang commune, has harvested 2.5 tons of dried cocoa beans annually in recent years.
- Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc meets EU and Belgian leading firms
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc had working sessions with representatives from EU and Belgian leading firms operating in Vietnam on October 17th as part of his official visit to Belgium. During the meetings, they informed the Vietnamese leader on outcomes and investment and business plans in the Southeast Asian nation in such fields as oil and gas, renewable energy, agriculture, fertilizer and insecticide production, seaport infrastructure, rubber, and tire production.
- European Commission pushes for approval of FTA with Vietnam
The European Commission (EC) on October 17th submitted for approval a free trade agreement (FTA) with Vietnam, the first comprehensive open market deal between the EU and a developing Asian country. Agreements on trade and investment between the EU and Vietnam will need approval from the bloc’s 28 members and from the European Parliament (EP).
- HCMC Party Committee plans for market-oriented economy
HCMC has set out a plan to use the Party’s assets more effectively based on market economy principles, according to the secretary of HCMC Party Committee. Speaking at the 18th HCMC Party Committee conference which closed yesterday, Nguyen Thien Nhan said: “It’s vital to ensure that the city’s Party’s assets are used effectively on the basis of a market economy”.
- Da Nang eyes high-tech farms
Da Nang plans to prioritize a hi-tech agricultural zone in Hoa Vang District to attract more investment in modern farming. According to Nguyen Do Tam, deputy director of the municipal Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, developing hi-tech and clean agricultural production was critical to ensuring economic efficiency and sustainable agricultural development, given the city’s limited farm land.