- 27/09/2016New deadlines imposed on submission of Certificates of Origin
- 20/07/2016Administrative Penalties for Violations in Investment Activities
- 20/07/2016New Offshore Indirect Investment Regulation – Vietnamese employees able to participate in overseas employee share ownership plans
- 01/07/20162016 Pocket Tax Book
- 01/07/2016New regulations on foreign loans
- 01/07/2016Draft Decree on new AccountingLaw – New regulations on providing cross-border accounting services
News & Updates
- VN has attractive retail market in 2016
The liberalization of the retail sector has turned Viet Nam into an extremely attractive market.
- FDI surges in January
Foreign direct investment (FDI) in January reached $1.33 billion, an increase of 101 per cent against January 2015, according to the Foreign Investment Agency (FIA) under the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
- Expanding markets for fruit and vegetable exports
In the 2011-2015 period, fruits and vegetables proved to be one of Viet Nam’s stable export items, registering a high annual growth rate of 26.5% and earning the country US$2 billion in 2015 alone.
- IIP reports year-on-year increase of 5.9%
Viet Nam’s index of industrial production (IIP) in January posted a year-on-year increase of 5.9%, according to the General Statistics Office (GSO).
- Comment: Vietnam’s coal decision is the Paris Agreement in action
It’s not often that Communist-run Vietnam wins the applause of environmental groups. It did this month. Up until Wednesday last week, Vietnam had the biggest coal plans of any country in Southeast Asia — an fleet of around 70 new coal plants with a capacity of 44GW, and that’s on top of 17GW already under construction.