Dutch Business Association in Vietnam (DBAV)
The Dutch Business Association in Vietnam (DBAV) is an independent and non-profit organization active since 1999. DBAV actively promotes stronger business relationships between the Dutch and Vietnamese business communities through events and collaboration, as well as other active communities in Vietnam. DBAV is also committed to promoting social, cultural activities and initiatives. Through active participation in both business and community activities, DBAV raises awareness and provides support for the growing Dutch business community in Vietnam.
DBAV maintains close links with the Netherlands Embassy in Hanoi and the Consulate General of the Netherlands in Ho Chi Minh City. DBAV is a partner of the European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham), DBAV membership entitles you with two memberships including EuroCham.
DBAV 4 key activities
DBAV maintains close links with the Netherlands Embassy in Hanoi and the Consulate General of the Netherlands in Ho Chi Minh City. DBAV is a partner of European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam, DBAV membership entitles you with two memberships including EuroCham.
Organization of Business and Social Events. Through active participation in both business and community activities, DBAV raises awareness and provides support for the growing Dutch business community in Vietnam.
Committees provide an effective advocacy forum for our members to address common affairs through voicing business interests to the Vietnamese Government. Sector Committees are an integral part of EuroCham’s advocacy activities.
Promote products and services companies from our network through our various communication channels (e-newsletter, website, Facebook, LinkedIn…)
“As a relatively new company in Vietnam, De Heus became a DBAV member in 2009. Especially in the beginning, it was very useful to meet more experienced members of the Dutch-Vietnamese business community. As an individual company, it is difficult to lobby for the interests of your company sector. Eurocham is more effective in approaching and communicating with the Vietnamese government at different levels. I therefore would like to recommend all Dutch companies active in Vietnam to become a member of the DBAV & Eurocham.”
Gabor Fluit – General Director, De Heus LLC
“By becoming a member of DBAV & Eurocham, you can develop and grow your business and your network. You’ll also contribute to building awareness on important issues facing businesses today, and this is a platform where you can make a direct impact on the business community in Vietnam.”
Martjin Lips – Director Maritime and Waterways, Royal Haskoning DHV
“We have been present in Vietnam for over 20 years and have always cherished the strong cooperation between Dutch companies. Our network, as brought together by the DBAV, helps us to exchange ideas, raise mutual concerns, connect socially and celebrate achievements together.”
Arnoud van den Berg – Managing Director, FrieslandCampina Vietnam
JOIN OUR NETWORK NOW!
Membership with DBAV offers:
- Free entrance to or special members prices at DBAV and EuroCham’s events (Dutch Open, Business Talks, Business Awards, Factory visits, etc.), as well as occasional events organized by other chambers/business associations in Vietnam
- Access to members-only events (NedDrinks, Private CEO’s Dinner/Reception, Dialogues with Vietnamese Government, Meeting with high-level delegation and trade missions from the Netherlands, etc.)
- Frequent updates on law and regulations, current market trends and activities of other chambers of commerce and business associations in Vietnam
- Promotion opportunities through our communication channels and sponsorship programs
- An excellent way to expand your network and truly integrate not only the Dutch but the whole European business community
- Membership cards that give you a wide range of discounts at leading hotels, resorts, restaurants and retailers across the country
- Access to DBAV and EuroCham’s Members Directory (including more than 1000 multinational companies and 100 individuals)
- Opportunity to display your corporate profile to other EuroCham members and partners and your news on EuroCham’s and DBAV’s website and Newsletter
- Opportunity to raise issues of interest or concerns faced by your business to relevant government authorities
- Involvement in an elevated platform for dialogue regarding trade issues between the EU and Vietnam
- Complimentary memberships with the NLV (Nederlandse Vereninging Vietnam – the one and only social club of the Dutch community in Vietnam (*Applicable to Corporate Members)
- Assistance on business-related inquiries you have about operating in Vietnam
We also offer business partner searches, trade listings and event organization, corporate profiles and advertising opportunities.
*NLV (Nederlandse Vereniging Vietnam) is the driving force behind all social activities and events within the Dutch community in Vietnam. As an NLV member, you can enjoy excellent benefits such as receiving invitations and joining events with a reduced entrance fee for New Year’s Dive, King’s Day Party and King’s Day Party for Children, Welcome Back party, Sinterklaas party, etc; and will be kept up to date on all other activities & events.*
A few words about DBAV’s signature events:
- NedDrinks: a unique opportunity for each DBAV member to host a networking event and connect the Dutch businesses and the member’s partners or guests. At the event, the host can showcase their business, products, achievements and success stories.
- Annual Dialogue with HCMC Customs Department: a private dialogue for DBAV members to hear about most recent updates on customs regulations and have answers to their concerns directly from the officials.
- Dutch Open Golf Tournament: a CSR initiative of DBAV with strong backing by DBAV members and sponsors who make the event a priority in their own calendars and CSR budgets. In addition to the charitable aspect of the event, the tournament has also become a well-established, high-level business networking event where business leaders convene and build or strengthen important relationships.
- CSR Event: ReThink Plastic Vietnam is an initiative driven by DBAV, launched the first time in 2018 under the supervision of the group of experts, Government officials, community leaders and multinational corporations. There are the series of activities that were taken including the World Clean Up Day, the Plastic Diet, the business seminar ReThink Plastic, which was held in September 2018 to update the communities on the latest developments in plastic, inspired businesses, governments and communities to take action together and solve the global issue of plastic pollution.