[HANOI] Insights into Employment in Vietnam – Updates on current Labour Law, Contracts, Insurance obligations, Taxation and Work Permits
Auscham is pleased to invite you to the Breakfast Business Briefing “Insights into Employment in Vietnam” which will be held on Thursday 18 July 2019 in Ha Noi.
Auscham is glad to welcome Mr. Matthew Lourey – Managing Director of Domicile Corporate Services and Ms. Minh Thi Thanh Nguyen – Senior Associate of ACSV Legal and Registered Arbitrator at the Pacific International Arbitration Center to give us the insights of current Labour Law, Contracts, Insurance obligations, Taxation and Work Permits for expatriates as well as international companies operating in Viet Nam.
Presentation key notes:
Minh Nguyen – Senior Associate, ACSV Legal will discuss:
- Work permits and residence cards for expatriates and application process. Practical matters involving work permit categories, documentation, lead time and criteria, with details on specific exemptions;
- Labour contracts and remarkable issues (e.g. unilateral termination vs. dismissal);
- Dispute settlement in labour conflicts (i.e. court litigation vs. mediation vs. arbitration);
- Labour Law updates and future changes in Vietnam.
Matthew Lourey – Managing Partner, Domicile Corporate Services will cover topics related to:
- Insurance obligations for companies and staff holding employment contracts; updates on the application of social insurance and the implementation procedures for maternity and sick leave, occupational health and safety and retirement fund contributions;
- Payroll and Employment issues arising in international companies operating in Vietnam. Details on Labour compliance and common situations regarding salary contributions, monthly and quarterly lodgements, annual reporting to the authorities;
- Taxation for Individuals and Companies regarding employment in Vietnam, with insights on resident and non-residents tax implications. Clarifications on service contracts and offshore labour contracts with parent entities, and the tax issues that commonly arise,
- Practical information on employment and labour issues commonly experienced by investors in Vietnam.
A panel discussion will follow the key notes addresses so that the attendees can discuss common and topical issues with the panel.
The event details are as follow:
- Date: Thursday, 18th July 2019
- Time: 08.30 – 10.00 AM (event registration starts at 8.00 AM)
- Venue: Ballroom B, Hilton Hanoi Opera, 1 Le Thanh Tong Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Participation Fees:
– Members of Auscham and the co-hosts (valid membership card is required): VND 650,000 per participant
– Non-members: VND 750,000 per participant
– Walk in or late registration by 9 July: VND 800,000 per participant
Complimentary breakfast for all participants.
Advance registration is required. RSVP by Monday, 15th July 2019 to assure your attendance.
Should you have any other queries or seek further clarification, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or Tel No: +84 909 710 994
Date:Thursday 01 January 1970
Time:12:00 am - 12:00 am
Location:Ballroom B, Hilton Hanoi Opera, 1 Le Thanh Tong Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
See on Google Maps