NL-VN AgroFood Processing Business Matching
- Date 22 September 2022
- Time 14:00 PM - 18:00 PM
- Dutch Business Association In Vietnam (DBAV)
More about event
DBAV, the Association of Food Transparency (AFT) with the support of the Linkages for Small and Medium Enterprises (LinkSME) project funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), jointly organize a business matching session between Dutch companies and Vietnamese companies in the agro-processing and food-processing industries
- Date: 22 September 2022
- Time: 2PM - 6PM Vietnam time/ 9AM - 2PM NL time
- Platform: Zoom for the opening session. Google meet for the 1:1 meeting sessions
1. Background & Context
The Netherlands, one of the leading partners of Vietnam in the EU, is a gateway for Vietnamese goods to enter the EU market. According to the Vietnamese Office for Trade Affairs in the EU, a large volume of Vietnamese goods exported to the Netherlands are re-exported to other European countries. The Vietnam-EU Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) is expected to open up greater opportunities for businesses from both countries to foster their partnership. Neighboring and EU countries are also welcome to participate.
Therefore, the “Netherlands - Vietnam Agro & Food-Processing business matchmaking” event including one preparation event and the business matchmaking sessions eventually on the 22 September 2022 will be meant for both Dutch importers to expand their supplier network with Vietnamese exporters carefully selected by the trade advisers of DBAV, AFT, and LinkSME, and Vietnamese SMEs to build up their business contacts in the EU market.
2. Why should Dutch companies consider participating in this event?
- Connect with qualified Vietnamese suppliers
- Receive guidance related to your sourcing needs
- Reduce your cost and time to identify potential Vietnamese suppliers
- Receive the post-event support from AFT, LinkSME, and DBAV for follow-up actions until having successful linkages with Vietnamese SMEs, for example:
- Support assessment (pre-evaluations/audits) of potential suppliers.
- Facilitate discussions/ RFQs/ negotiations.
- Support supervising sample orders or initial orders through activities like supplier follow-ups, pre-delivery inspection, and verifying supplier's inspection reports.
- Provide technical assistance to the chosen suppliers to overcome specific gaps needed for successful delivery
3. Why should Vietnamese SMEs join this event?
- Receive information on the demand and requirements of Dutch/EU markets and lead firms for Agro & Food-processing products
- Receive guidance on accessing Dutch/EU markets, trading experience in doing business with Dutch/EU lead firms
- Connect with top Dutch and EU lead firms interested in deepening their supply chain in Vietnam
- Receive support to strengthen your capacity to lead firms’ requirements for successful linkages
For more information on the Dutch agri-food sector, please visit the website Invest in Holland.
4. About LinkSME
Funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the USAID Linkages for Small and Medium Enterprises (LinkSME) project focuses on enhancing the business enabling environment and creating opportunities for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Vietnam. The project is implemented by the International Executive Service Corps (www.iesc.org), under a contract with USAID and an operating license issued by the People’s Aid Coordinating Committee. Click here for more information.
5. About DBAV
Dutch Business Association Vietnam (DBAV) is a bilateral business association that aims to promote trade between The Netherlands and Vietnam. To date, roughly one hundred Dutch companies have been helped with finding chances and opportunities in the Vietnamese market, leading to good customer references for DBAV.
As an independent member organization with around 200 members, the DBAV is a perfectly qualified candidate institution to guide Dutch companies with their efforts to set up operations or expand their business to Vietnam. The DBAV offers dual membership with EuroCham, the European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam, and shares knowledge and network with diverse European institutions. The DBAV is active in HCMC, Hanoi, and Haiphong.
6. How to participate
If you are a Dutch/EU buyer having an interest in Vietnam and would like to participate in the event. Please fill in your company information/interest in the form below and we will contact you shortly.
Mr. Loc Nguyen - Dutch Business Association Vietnam
- Aug 11: Webinar Zakendoen in Vietnam 11 Augustus (in Dutch)
- Aug 18: Hybrid Seminar (Online & Offline in the Netherlands) - Opportunities & Developments of the EU-VN Free Trade & Investment Agreements (in English)
- Sep 13: Webinar Doing Business in Vietnam - Agro&Food (in Vietnamese) - info is coming soon