Liberty Insurance Vietnam (LIV), a leading non-life insurance company, a subsidiary of the Liberty Mutual Insurance, a group with over 100-year history in the general insurance industry in the United States and across the world. Inheriting from the group’s expertise, LIV brings international standard products to the Vietnamese market.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is the 3rd largest P&C insurer in the US and the 6th largest in the world and is ranked 75th in the Fortune 500 list.
In Vietnam, Liberty Insurance caters to the non-life insurance market with an excellent service ethos supported by advanced technology, including an easy and safe online insurance purchasing platform. Liberty Insurance provides a fair and efficient claims service and continually strives to provide innovative products and services to our customers, clients, partners and intermediaries. At every Liberty Insurance office, anywhere in the world, customers are always served by a qualified, experienced and dedicated team.
- In 2003: Liberty Mutual Insurance opened its first representative office in Hanoi, which marked its entrance into the Vietnamese market.
- In 2006: Liberty Insurance was officially awarded the investment license to operate as a 100% U.S.-owned general insurer in Vietnam.
- In 2007: Liberty Insurance started selling to foreign enterprises in Vietnam
- In 2008: Liberty Insurance was granted full access to customers in Vietnam
- In 2018-2020: awarded the top 10 most reputable non-life insurance companies in Vietnam, three years in a row.
- In 2020, Liberty is the very first insurer to launch 100% online auto insurance purchasing platform in Vietnam