DBAV & Members News
- 15/01/2019Let’s paint the future together – the AkzoNobel startup challenge begins
- 15/01/2019Vietnam: Managing financial complexity to capture growth potential
- 07/01/2019Three tips to effectively conduct an Organization Capacity Assessment
- 07/01/2019Control Union Vietnam laboratory becomes one of the first to earn accreditation for ISO17025:2017 in Vietnam
- 06/01/2019FrieslandCampina celebrates its 10th anniversary
- 10/12/2018AkzoNobel’s new coating adds special touch for powder customers
News & Updates
- Law enforcement officers join forces to combat child sexual exploitation
Twenty three police officers from South, South East and North Asia, Australia and the Netherlands are gathering in Hanoi for the 40th Asia Region Law Enforcement Management program (ARLEMP), with the theme of transnational child sexual exploitation. This ARLEMP welcomes a new partnership with the National Police of the Netherlands (NPN). Similar to the AFP, the NPN are committed to promoting cooperation between police agencies, searching for the best practises, supporting information exchange and working together to combat transnational crime.
- EU Chief Negotiator Mr. Mauro Petriccione visited Vietnam and launched the Guide on EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement
Mr Mauro Petriccione, Deputy Director General at the European Commission’s Directorate General for Trade and the EU’s chief negotiator for the Free Trade Agreement (FTA), visited Vietnam last week. During the visit, Mr Mauro Petriccione and Deputy Minister of MOIT Khanh launched a Guide on the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement. This Guide, prepared by the Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam, primarily targets the business community and provides useful information on the FTA in a clear and simple language.
- Legal Alert: Imprisonment/Jail for Labor Law violations – New Penal Code sanctions – Unprecedented
On 27 November 2015, the National Assembly adopted a new Criminal Code No. 100/2015/QH13, which takes effective from 01 July 2016. This new Criminal Code will replace the old Criminal Code in 1999 and its amending / guiding documents. Notably, the new Criminal Code provides new sanctions for violations in employment sector.
- Benefits of Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) in South-East Asia from SMEs’ perspective: experience from Vietnam
Currently, there is a great number of FTAs (almost 40 according to World Trade Organization (WTO)) already in the implementation phase in the South-East Asia region and many more in the negotiation phase. Vietnam, for example, is included in the implementation of at least 12 FTAs and has recently initialled 4 more FTAs, including the EU-Vietnam FTA (EVFTA). The European Union (EU) has worked towards establishing FTAs with a number of South-East Asian countries in order to boost trade in a more predictable environment for trade and investment relations.
- HCMC: The 8th Vietnam Int’l Retail and Franchise Show
The 8th Vietnam Int’l Retail and Franchise Show (Co-located) The 1st Vietnam Int’l Coffee and Dessert Fair When: 10:00 – 17:00, 08 – 10/06/2016 Where: SECC, 799 Nguyen Van Linh, Dist. 7, HCMC By: Coex For more information, please contact Ms. Nhan Lieu at firstname.lastname@example.org or +84 9345 11953 Coex Representative office in Vietnam Flr 14th, Green Power Building 35 Ton Duc… View Article