DBAV, Dutch Business delegation and Dutch Embassy & Consulate General had meetings with Da Nang City Leaders about ports
- Witness MOU signing between Signify and Da Nang Public Lighting Company
- Working session with Sun Group Da Nang
During a business trip on 25 March 2022, Dutch delegation in Vietnam visited Da Nang, led by Mr. Daniël Stork, Consul General of The Netherlands in Vietnam, Mr. Christoph Prommersberger, Deputy Head of Mission at the Embassy of The Netherlands in Vietnam, and Guido van Rooy, Executive Director of Dutch Business Association Vietnam.
Participating Partners were:
- Dutch Business Association Vietnam with representatives of 12 Dutch businesses;
- Embassy & Consulate General of The Kingdom of The Netherlands;
- Da Nang People Committee ( Le Quang Nam, Vice-Chair of the People Committee)
- Da Nang Investment Promotion Agency (represented by Do Thi Quynh Tram)
Daniël Stork mentioned in his opening remarks, that 12 Dutch businesses came here to listen to the upcoming plans of Da Nang, and present themselves to the Da Nang City Leaders. Some of them are familiar with Da Nang and some of them are still new.
Dutch businesses in the mission specialize in amongst others, education, engineering consultancy, infrastructure, manufacturing, maritime, sustainable design, and business consultancy.
Daniël Stork introduced the companies: Climate Fund Managers, Signify, Witteveen+Bos, Nuffic, Royal Haskoning, STC Vietnam, PUM, Sioux Technologies, EXCEPT, Y.digital, Blygold, AkzoNobel Vietnam.
The meeting started with a presentation of the Da Nang Promotion video (video below)
The video praised Da Nang on the following topics:
- Transparency in work with government institutions.
- Excellent location, safety of the city, Da Nang has a huge potential. Top 10 best places to live overseas.
- The center of education in The Central Region. The labor force accounts for more than 50% of the city population.
- 33 universities and colleges.
- Da Nang is a startup city, high investment ranking, Da Nang is a promising destination for startups.
- The port is one of the most well equipped ports in Vietnam. It has 6 industrial parks, with 1000 ha.
- IT-park, Hi-Tech park, leading health care centers.
- The airport is one of the 3 largest airports in Vietnam with direct flights to many Asian countries.
- Da Nang is a. smart city, to 2050 is to become world class modern city. With 3 pillars: marine based, tourism, high-tech. Continued innovation, regulatory reform, proving a strong attraction of a positive landmark, promising success to investors.
- Da Nang is the largest seaport, with 2 harbors. Tien Sa will be transformed into Tourist port. They are implementing the construction of Lien Chieu seaport.. Lien Chieu will be the next Seaport.
Airport expansion project
Then, the airport expansion project was presented. Towards 2030 an expansion of the airport project is planned.
In 2030, the plan is that Da Nang will accommodate more than 30 million passengers. The expansion plan includes a new runway, totaling to 3 runways, a renovation of a taxiway and to construct parallel taxiways.
Infrastructure upgrade includes warehouse area, logistics, planned to build a subway connecting the east to the west.
The terminals will be upgraded to T1 10 million domestic passengers and overtime be integrated into a T2 16 million international and T3 another 16 million domestic passengers.
plans are to build an "airport city” with 1300 ha. About 100.000 people by 2030 should live there. This is the Airport Urban Area.
Netherlands has much expertise on airport cities and would like to receive support on the planning of these areas. So we can be most effective. Up to now there are not any concrete proposals.
Building Da Nang to be an environmental city.
- create safe condition for health and environment
- prevent and control pollution; focus on managing air pollution caused by transportation and hazardous waste.
- smart system in natural environment resources
Environmental projects focus on water, and water treatment. Other projects focus on solid waste collection and solid waste treatment. Da Nang wants to further reduce the waste water from the current 90% already very high to 100% in the future.
Signing Ceremony between Signify and Danpublico - to implement public lighting in Da Nang.
Christoph Prommersberger then summarized that Da Nang and The Netherlands have a very broad agenda. We are looking forward to further future visits to build on further collaborations.
Daniel Stork thanked all participants on behalf of the whole delegation and expressed the desire to come back to this beautiful city.
Ms. Do Thi Quynh Tram, Vice Director at IPA reiterated the appreciation for the Dutch business community. Up to now, Da Nang has 6 Dutch FDI projects with a total capital of $150,000 USD. During the meeting, some valuable information was provided as well as potential cooperations between two sides in sectors of sustainable development, climate adaptation, port & airport development, sustainable waste management and high-tech industries. In 2023, the Netherlands and Vietnam will celebrate 50 years of diplomatic relations. Hence, Da Nang City is willing to welcome and support more Dutch businesses to come and explore more opportunities here.
Finally the meeting was concluded.