Opening and job description for NL Business Hub Director
The Dutch Business Association in Vietnam (DBAV) is in a transition to become the professional Business Hub for Dutch entrepreneurs doing or wanting to do business in Ho Chi Minh City, as gateway to Hanoi and other parts of Vietnam. For this, a comprehensive service portfolio, which helps the hub operate as a platform and facilitate soft landing for Dutch entrepreneurs in Vietnam, is being developed. To this end, the DBAV closely works with NLinBusiness and partner councils from the ASEAN Dutch Chamber Network (ADCN). It is envisaged that in future, the hub may also offer service to local companies seeking business partners in the Netherlands.
A vacancy has arisen for the full-time position of Business Hub Director with the DBAV, for the minimal duration of 1,5 years. The person will be lead the transition process of the DBAV into the professional business hub outlined by the Board. It is foreseen that s/he will also assume overall responsibilities of the executive team once all roles have been set. The director will report directly to the Board of the DBAV.
What we ask for
An enthusiastic motivated professional with a drive for business development and a passion for supporting entrepreneurs and local business community. Someone who can interact comfortably with entrepreneurs, corporate executives and government officials. Someone with vision who can act as advisor to the Board about the business hub development and operations. Someone with strong intercultural skills and awareness to manage and operate within a small multicultural team and environment that also moves outside the regular 9 to 5 working week.
What we offer
A very dynamic and international work environment where no two days are alike. You may interact daily with businesses large and small, government, knowledge institutions and non-profit organisations at all levels. A job where you will be the prime face of the organisation during formal and informal events. A job where you will interact frequently with business chambers in Vietnam, the Southeast Asian region and with parties in the Netherlands. Occasional travel to the region and the Netherlands, A salary and benefit package that is commensurate with the responsibilities and work environment.
- Develop and execute business plan for a professional and sustainable business hub in accordance with provided criteria and requirements.
- Manage team and daily operations of the Business Hub and DBAV executive team (in the interim this may be a shared responsibility until new team structure has been put in place).
- Support optimal functioning of the Board.
- Prepare and manage budget (P&L) of DBAV and business hub under guidance of Treasurer and Board.
- Be the main face of the DBAV in day-to-day communications and officially represent the DBAV at business and social gatherings and events – these may also take place outside regular office hours.
- Organise events and build an information & service portfolio with reliable, trusted partners.
The criteria below will play a significant role in determining the right candidate.
- Experience as an entrepreneur, having worked for a business, preferably both in the Netherlands and local Vietnamese market.
- Proven track record in sales or business development.
- Fluent in Dutch language and English (oral and written); good command and comprehension of Vietnamese language (or willingness to develop this) is a bonus.
- Proven ability and experience in developing a comprehensive business plan;
- Strong interpersonal, networking and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to manage and operate within a team; coordinate agenda and activities.
- A high degree of professional and personal ethics.
- Full time and available to work for at least 18 – 24 months; willingness to extend employment afterwards.
- Ability to start at short notice.